What Are the Risks of Poor Indoor Air Quality?
6.4 million people around the world die each year from complications of poor air. What are the risks of poor indoor air quality in your home?
- Poor air quality can cause stress on the lungs, which leads to damaged respiratory systems.
- The cardiovascular system can also be stressed, leading to heart disease and failure.
- The lungs and heart can age prematurely, which shortens life spans.
- People who are already at risk for asthma attacks are at a higher risk when air quality is poor.
- People who live in areas with poor air quality are at increased risk for lung cancer.
- Children who are exposed to poor indoor air can have developmental damage in their lungs.
- Particles in the air can increase the risk of lung infections, especially in young children and the elderly.
Avoid the risk of poor indoor air in your home and improve your indoor air quality with a Zehnder America system.