Passive Home Design
Are you considering renovating your house and incorporating a passive home design? A Passive House is a rigorous standard that aims to promote energy efficiency in a home or business facility. Incorporating a passive home design is totally voluntary and has been increasingly popular over the years because of the advantages it brings to the table. A passive home design is not simply an addition to the architectural design. Rather, it’s a design methodology that is incorporated in the home’s blueprint. Over the years, many homeowners have favored a passive home design over a conventional one. Let’s dig deeper into the reasons behind this trend.
Advantages of a Passive Home Design
You cannot simply underestimate the impact a passive home design can have on your household. From long-term cost savings to helping the environment, there are many reasons to consider a passive home design as the ideal architectural foundation of any house or facility. Here are some of the most common benefits of having a passive home design:
- Eco-Friendly Structure: Given the rapid increase of energy consumption across the globe, we need to seriously consider ways that can help preserve our planet’s resources. Living in a house with a passive home design is one of those ways. A passive home design heavily utilizes natural heat sources, such as the sun and human body heat
- Lower Utility Bills: With a passive home design, you won’t need traditional heating systems. A passive home design requires energy-efficient appliances and heavily insulated construction, and these will greatly reduce your carbon footprint and electric power consumption. You can expect bigger savings because of lower energy bills—a good reason to adopt a passive home design.
- Tax Incentives: Apart from lowering your utility bills, a passive home design can also help you save money through various tax incentives. For instance, you can receive local, state, and federal tax credits the moment you convert your house according to passive home design standards. Additionally, certain states and municipalities offer low-interest loans and rebates whenever you purchase energy-efficient materials.
- Good Indoor Air Quality: A passive home design requires continuous heat recovery and air ventilation. As a result, the air quality in your indoor space is always at an optimal level—a huge benefit for you and your family. You won’t have to worry about inhaling allergens or smelling foul odors with a passive home design.
- Comfortable Environment: You’ll surely feel the difference living in a house with a passive home design. For one, the temperature is more closely regulated from one room to the next. Apart from humidity control, a passive home design features tremendous insulation so that you won’t have to worry about the noise outside your house.
- Structural Integrity: One of the best features of a passive home design is its outstanding construction quality. Although architects have the liberty to design passive homes based on their preferences, there are rigid qualifications that have to be met. On top of that, the finish materials for a passive home design require little to no maintenance.
- Increased Home Value: Making solid investments on any property you own sets you up for a brighter financial future. If you incorporate a passive home design in your house, its value increases significantly because of the benefits the next owner will enjoy. In the event you decide to put your house on the market, you’ll know you’ve made a smart decision the moment you secure a favorable deal.
Enjoy the Benefits of a Passive Home Design
Now that you are aware of the wonders of a passive home design, you might want to consider renovating the current structure of your house. An integral key element of a passive home design is special ventilation systems, such as heat recovery ventilators (HRVs) and energy recovery ventilators (ERVs). Turn to Zehnder America! We carry a range of world-class HRVs and ERVs for homeowners who want to have a passive home design.
Zehnder America: Bringing High-Efficiency Heat Recovery to the US
Zehnder America is a provider of ventilation solutions. It is a division of the Zehnder Group, a global company in Switzerland that specializes in heating, cooling, and ventilation technology. Zehnder America aims to continually fulfill its promise of helping you improve the quality of indoor air through innovative products.
Are You Aware of Indoor Air Health Hazards?
Today, some buildings are purposely designed to tower over the rest and to be compressed to save space. It addresses some problems caused by population density, but unfortunately, it also leads to reduced indoor air circulation. Studies have shown that poorly ventilated buildings can have up to five times more air pollutants than the outdoors.
Insufficient air ventilation results in more than just stuffy air and discomfort. Poor quality indoor air is the perfect breeding ground for harmful microorganisms, such as dust mites. Constant exposure to these air contaminants may lead to health conditions, such as allergies and skin rashes, and even to more serious illnesses like chronic respiratory complications.
Research has also shown a link between exposure to unhealthy air and emotional and cognitive issues, such as:
- Mental Fogginess
- Mood Changes
Fortunately, you can avoid the risk of suffering from all these illnesses. Through consistent effort to improve the quality of life, air ventilation and temperature management systems are now available.
Zehnder America: Helping You Combat Airborne Threats
Zehnder America offers heat and recovery ventilators, air distribution systems, and geothermal heat exchangers. It acknowledges that the state of indoor air is a silent yet serious factor in your overall health and well-being. In fact, the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has cited poor-quality indoor air as among the top health risks. Fortunately, the advancements in technology have paved the way for innovations that help mitigate these perils. Zehnder America’s products allow you to enjoy a comfortable indoor environment and avoid health threats caused by airborne particles
Through products like Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV) and Energy Recovery Ventilation (ERV) systems, Zehnder America aims to help you get rid of air pollutants. These technologies foster consistent circulation of fresh air. They feature an efficient mechanism for ensuring that you have optimal indoor air.
Systems With Heat Recovery for Comfortable Indoors
Zehnder America’s Comfosystems features geothermal heat exchange, HRV, ERV, and air distribution units. It is the result of a continuous pursuit to keep fresh air in houses and establishments with windows that often have to remain closed for a variety of reasons, such as to keep noise and dust particles out.
Comfosystems is carefully engineered to ensure that you always have enough fresh, clean air indoors in the microclimate that you prefer, all year round. HRV and ERV expel existing indoor air and draw fresh air into your indoor space. It acts as a spinning wheel to facilitate indoor–outdoor air exchange. Research more on indoor air quality: https://www.cpsc.gov/Safety-Education/Safety-Guides/Home/The-Inside-Story-A-Guide-to-Indoor-Air-Quality.
You can choose to have a geothermal heat exchanger that warms up the fresh air using 90% of the energy extracted from the stale air that’s about to go out of the vent. This paves the way for an unceasing stream of fresh air while maintaining energy efficiency.
The air distribution unit ensures that every rooms gets fresh air. Users have the option to adjust the air volume delivered to each room.
For homeowners, Zehnder America’s Comfosystems is an investment that pays off. It helps maintain or even boost the value of your home because it protects the interiors of your house from mildew formation caused by lack of ventilation. It also prevents moisture damage, which could lead to costly repairs.
But, Comfosystems is not just for residential use. It is also great for hospitals, schools, and offices, as it maintains quality indoor air that’s vital for overall health, cognitive function, and productivity.
Contact Zehnder America
Invest in an efficient air heating, cooling, and distribution system, and relish in healthier and happier living. For inquiries about Zehnder America’s Comfosystems, call 877-959-4005, fill out our form, or visit 6 Merrill Industrial Drive, Suite 7, Hampton, NH 03842.